Location: Pontiac, MI Contract Value: Client: City of Pontiac
This three-story renaissance-style theater opened in March 1921 with almost 1200 seats. Originally designed by Pontiac architect Leo John Heenan, the Strand had a major renovation in 1949 by noted theater architect D. Howard Crane. This theater was also known as the Campus Theater in the 1970s.
This theater closed in 1974 and was purchased by the City of Pontiac in 1986. O’Brien Construction was contracted to restore the exterior façade of the theater in the early 1990s, a project funded by the City of Pontiac Downtown Development Authority.
966 Livernois, Troy, MI 48083 | 248.334.2470 3011 W. Grand Blvd, Suite 315, Detroit, MI48202| 313.297.6724